POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: scott
Date: 21 Sep 2012 03:50:42
Message: <505c1c52$1@news.povray.org>
>> You call the recruitment agency and ask then.
>
> But they won't tell you in case you go direct or mention it to another
> agency. And that's the truth.

Maybe it's different for engineering jobs then, but every time I've
spoken to a recruitment agency about a job they've told me not just the
company name but a lot of detail about the company background and the
job. I suspect the recruitment agency and the employer have a contract
that states the agency will still get paid if they find you, no matter
how you finally apply for the job. Otherwise you could just say no at
the interview, and then call back the company the next day direct and
say you want the job.

It also seems ridiculous to apply for a job with a company when you
don't even know the company name (and thus presumably not know exactly
where it is located, whether they are about to go bankrupt, or have a
bad reputation, or even it might the same company you are working for
already - which would be embarrassing).