POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Eye Candy : Re: Eye Candy Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye Candy
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Sep 2012 15:06:42
Message: <505b6942$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 21:00:41 +0200, andrel wrote:

> Until last year I used to tell that I had only seen the milky way 3 or 4
> times in my life and that that was in Amsterdam...
>
> at the planetarium.

I remember Neil DeGrasse Tyson saying that he initially learned about the
stars through the local planetarium where he grew up in New York City,
and after a few years of having only seen them at the planetarium, he
went on a stargazing trip with his class to a rural part of PA, and was
amazed to see that it looked "just like the planetarium".

Jim