POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 20 Sep 2012 04:15:44
Message: <505ad0b0$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/09/2012 09:11 AM, scott wrote:
> It's not what you know it's who you know :-)

On the one hand, I've only ever had one job - and that's because my dad
worked there.

On the other hand, I know people who work at the OU, and yet I can't get
a job at the OU. I know somebody who works for Network Rail, and yet I
can't get a job at Network Rail. Hell, I know a guy who works at Google,
and I can't get them to hire me either. (Although, amazingly, I did get
an interview...)

You see what I'm saying? Just knowing somebody who works at company X
doesn't seem to help you actually get in there. (Unless the company is
the kind of hopelessly unprofessional place like where I left just...)

In short, I know a tiny handful of people, but I'm not sure how to /use/
that to get hired.