POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Sep 2012 14:33:22
Message: <505a0ff2$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/09/2012 4:51 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> The money is very good (but it's all pre-tax, so here in the US, we have
> to submit a quarterly estimate and pay our taxes with that estimate).

In the UK you can start your own company as a sole trader. That way you
can get tax breaks. (I won’t say what but it is all legal above board
and not offshore.) And I just found out last week from my accountant
that there is a tax scheme where you can pay a flat rate of VAT (sales
tax). So if your turnover is less than GBP 150000 you charge 20% to the
client or agency and pay back 14.5% to the Inland Revenue and you don’t
have to do much paperwork. :-)

--
Regards
     Stephen