POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spam : Re: Spam Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spam
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Sep 2012 13:37:31
Message: <505a02db$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:01:46 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>> Well, of course they're not going to tell you which places - they want
>> you to pay them for that information.
>>
>> "Your CV looks pretty good, but areas of it are crap, and if you give
>> us money, we'll tell you where the crap is."
>
> It's one thing to say which bits are bad - it's another to explain what
> would make it better.

Not telling you makes it more likely that the person would go "oh, right,
I need to fix that" and not pay for the service.  The more vague, the
better.

But in terms of selling a service, you want to be vague in this manner to
try to sell the service.  If I tell you that the description for your
first job entry is poorly formatted, you know what to fix and can seek
out sample CVs to see how you could make it better.

If I don't tell you, then you don't even know what to search for.

> Really, I believe it doesn't say because it's actually just an automated
> message that has nothing to do with me. ;-)

That's also likely true.

Jim