POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spam : Re: Spam Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spam
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 19 Sep 2012 10:37:07
Message: <5059d893$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/09/2012 03:30 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thank you for requesting a FREE CV review from Total-CVs.

Actually, I did no such thing. (Nor have I ever even heard of you.)

> I have given your CV a thorough appraisal.

No, I don't think you have... :-P

> I felt that the layout was poor in places; improvements could be made by
> utilising the space more effectively, thus altering the length of the
> document to make it more user friendly. The rule of thumb is the shorter

> effectively as possible. I would also suggest making some areas stand
> out more to recruiters when they scan your CV. Using different fonts and
> separating some sections of the CV will help achieve this.

This is like telling a horoscope. The conclusions /seem/ concrete, but
on closer inspection, they are actually sufficiently vague that they
could apply to just about any CV imaginable. For example, the layout was
poor "in places" - but note the absence of any mention of /which/
places. Thorough appraisal, I think not. :-P

> Language Score = 7/10
>
> Grammatically, there are areas of the CV that Total-CVs could improve
> on.

O RLY?

> important that these areas be improved if your CV is to be truly
> effective.

Ah, so nobody has hired me because my sentences are not written in the
first person? :-P

> Overall Score = 19/30
>
> Overall, your CV could benefit from being professionally re-written

> by calling [deleted].

Ah yes, the /real/ reason that you're writing to me... ;-)

I wonder if this spam-bot has even /seen/ my CV? (It's plausible. It's
supposedly searchable on several websites...)