POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Sep 2012 16:42:30
Message: <5058dcb6@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 14:11:06 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> On 9/18/2012 8:15 AM, Francois Labreque wrote:
>> [Dad mode]
>> That's what you call looking for work?
>> [/Dad mode]
>
> What I would say is don't get complacent just because you have severance
> to cover you through the next few months. Keep looking, You'll find
> something.

Yes - this * 1000.  Consider the severance as "my old employer is paying
me to find a new job" and treat it accordingly.  Our strategy last year
when I was laid off was to reduce expenses and make the severance last
until I found something.  Didn't work out that way (still looking for
something full time and the severance ran out last October), but the time
during the day is the time to network and talk to companies.  Don't spend
normal working hours scouring monster.com and other job sites - that's
something that can be done after people have gone home from the office.

Office hours are the best time to contact people who can get you in for a
new job.

Jim