POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Sep 2012 13:21:30
Message: <5058ad9a$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 06:37:48 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 17/09/2012 10:12 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 21:57:27 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>
>>> I doubt that's going to work. You apply for some menial job like that
>>> with a diploma and an honours degree, it doesn't take a genius to
>>> figure out that you won't be staying very long... Most employers
>>> probably wouldn't like that.
>>
>> Some employers are only looking for temporary help.
>>
>> Worst that can happen is they say 'no'.
>>

> I don’t think that taking a menial job is a good idea. For a start it
> would limit your time looking for a suitable job. It would not do your
> self esteem any good either. You are not hurting for money ATM and you
> don’t have the pressure of a mortgage or supporting a wife and kids. So
> make looking for a suitable job your job. As Jim mentioned consider
> contracting. It would bring in some money and stop your CV having a gap.
> My tuppence ha’ penny’s worth.

Fair points.

Given the choice, a contract would be the first thing to look at.  But if
push came to shove and the job was necessary, it can be a useful stopgap
that many people don't consider.

Sometimes as well, that menial job can lead to something else.  When I
was at uni, I worked summers on an assembly line.  It led to an MIS job
that really got my career started.

Jim