POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A box of oranges (valencian, of course) : A box of oranges (valencian, of course) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  A box of oranges (valencian, of course)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 18 Sep 2012 03:04:53
Message: <50581d15@news.povray.org>
Playing again with bullet physics, this time with spheres filling a box.
Being from Valencia, the subject was obvious from the start... :)

These are my old "isoranges", filling a wooden box quickly modelled with
Wings3D and resting on a image-mapped plane. The photographic nature of
the plane was dissimulated a bit using 30000 grass-like meshes textured
with the same image.

After the 2h render, I noticed the oranges looked way too artificial
without sslt... So, I rendered in 13m an additional image with
subsurface{} on the oranges and everything else in black, then screened
this image on top of the original render.

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'oranges-box-03-ssltpp.jpg' (387 KB) Download 'oranges-box-03-sslt.jpg' (49 KB)

Preview of image 'oranges-box-03-ssltpp.jpg'
oranges-box-03-ssltpp.jpg

Preview of image 'oranges-box-03-sslt.jpg'
oranges-box-03-sslt.jpg