POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:32:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Sep 2012 11:52:36
Message: <50574744@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:38:27 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> On the other hand, it appears that I've just signed up for a full-time
> job: finding a job!

Yep, finding a job is a full-time job.  Most people don't get paid at all
to do it, either.

You've got a severance package, don't wait for it to run out.  Start now
and don't give up.

> essentially, I am now in full-time employment by the UK government, for
> about half the legal minimum wage. Isn't that fantastic? :-/

Nope, you're not employed by the UK government.  You're receiving a
taxpayer-paid "benefit" to help you while you look for work.  It's not
intended to replace a full wage.

For me here in Utah, I could get unemployment benefits, but they only
come to $1400/month, just barely enough to cover my mortgage.  But if I
make any money during a period, I have to deduct that from the benefit.

So for me, if I'm claiming unemployment, I'm not getting my bills paid or
not eating.

I suggested contract work before, and I'll suggest it again.  It's a way
to get the bills paid, and in the UK you don't have to worry so much
about health coverage.  If I break a leg or am in an auto accident, I'm
pretty much screwed.

Jim