POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black Mesa : Re: Black Mesa Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black Mesa
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 17 Sep 2012 10:37:23
Message: <505735a3$1@news.povray.org>
>> It's powered by Source, it shows up in Steam, but it isn't distributed by
>> Steam, so it won't auto-update.
>
> Well, it used the auto-update mechanism built into steam to download the
> SDK. It shows up in Steam as an external shortcut, tho. It's an odd
> combination.

The Source SDK is delivered through Steam. The game itself is not.

> That said, it has apparently been "greenlighted" on Steams "greenlight"
> thing, so it'll probably be available properly through Steam in a few
> weeks.

Yeah, so I hear. That should make things drastically easier if they
start releasing updates. (I remember from Dystopia that every time an
update came out, you suddenly lost the ability to play on all game
servers until you manually track down, download and install a several
hundred MB update. Not fun!)