POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black Mesa : Re: Black Mesa Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black Mesa
From: Warp
Date: 17 Sep 2012 08:01:25
Message: <50571115@news.povray.org>
> > If you liked Half-Life, you should definitely check it out. It looks
> > awesome.

> Yeah, I read about this ages ago. I bet it won't be as cool as I'd hoped
> though... Only one way to know. ;-)

I have liked it so far. It's not just one of those "let's upgrade the
original game with better models and textures". It has been, AFAIK,
developed from scratch. It follows the original game quite faithfully,
of course, but levels are often bigger and have more stuff in them, and
many puzzles and sequences are completely different from the original
(although the setting is usually the same).

Oh, and the voice acting is new, and quite well done.

--
                                                          - Warp