POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black Mesa : Re: Black Mesa Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black Mesa
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 17 Sep 2012 04:28:18
Message: <5056df22$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/09/2012 06:54 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Oh, I see. When you install it, it winds up in your Steam library. The
> first time you launch it from Steam, it says "Yo, there's a Steam update
> for you, this 4.7G thing called 'SDK'." So it treats the SDK install
> like any other Steam update. I Hadn't actually gotten around to trying
> it until I was already replying here. :-)

Sounds like other Source-powered games I've played. (E.g., Dystopia,
Insurgency.)

It's powered by Source, it shows up in Steam, but it isn't distributed
by Steam, so it won't auto-update. (Although maybe that'll change in
future... It looks like Valve are looking into actually /distributing/
more independent games through Steam...)