POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OT: Fiddling with an idea regarding POV-Ray and Visual Studio ... : Re: OT: Fiddling with an idea regarding POV-Ray and Visual Studio ... (Screenshots included) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT: Fiddling with an idea regarding POV-Ray and Visual Studio ... (Screenshots included)
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 15 Sep 2012 19:07:07
Message: <50550a1b@news.povray.org>
On 9/11/2012 10:47 AM, Mike Raiford wrote:
> So, an interesting idea occurred to me. POV-Ray uses an existing IDE
> framework for it's Windows version.

This is actually proving to be a bit more difficult than I thought ;)
There's a pretty steep learning curve with the IDE framework, just
getting a working project system is a bit of a PITA. But, if I persevere
it could be rather neat.

There's still a few Visual Studio warts that I'll have to spackle over,
such as "Class View", and the toolbox is probably going to be rather
useless.

Debug at this point won't be an option, so that needs to go, and
probably a few other bits and pieces here and there.

There is one thing I don't really like at all, but is a necessary evil.
The splash screen shows "Powered By Visual Studio", which obscures the
copyright of the splash screen image.

Oh well. That could probably be dealt with.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'screenshot1.jpg' (98 KB) Download 'screenshot2.jpg' (99 KB)

Preview of image 'screenshot1.jpg'
screenshot1.jpg

Preview of image 'screenshot2.jpg'
screenshot2.jpg