POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) : Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Sep 2012 10:12:13
Message: <50548cbd$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-9-2012 11:56, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>    This is happening also to me on Koppi's playground... reading about
> the Bullet Physics Library, seems this is on purpose: if the objects are
> overlapping, the simulation attaches some initial forces to them so they
> move apart (and then they start colliding before you wanted).

It is understandable as one does not want to have overlapping objects,
but the force moving them apart seems too strong to me, and cannot be
controlled by hand unfortunately.

With random objects, the difficulty is to have them as close in shape as
possible to the basic collision objects. That puts some constrains upon
the modelling...

Thomas