POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF : Re: Today's WTF Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF
From: andrel
Date: 15 Sep 2012 09:56:12
Message: <505488FB.5080107@gmail.com>
On 15-9-2012 14:29, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

 >>> But how is that possible? How can Google know who I am?
 >
 >> IP address?
 >
 > That changes every few days.

Are you sure? Even if that happens, it stays in the same range and there
is probably enough in the other info (computertype, browserversion etc.)
to identify you as the same one that logged in yesterday.
Remember that combining data from users is the core bussiness of Google,
not providing services to you.

I have a google mail address, I use google drive etc. That is enough to
link my home machine to the one at my work and my laptop, whereever that is.

 >> Cookies?
 >
 > Oh, right. So if I just disallow cookies from Google, it'll go away?

As long as you don't use any other google or MS product.

There is a simple rule on the internet: you can be paranoid, but you can
not hide.

--
Women are the canaries of science. When they are underrepresented
it is a strong indication that non-scientific factors play a role