POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) : Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Sep 2012 04:32:33
Message: <50543d21$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-9-2012 9:39, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I am not far enough with Blender, but I have the same experience using
> Poser Physics. Confined to a container, objects seem indeed to bounce
> around more, even when the bounce parameter is set to zero.

One issue (at least with Poser Physics) is when objects "touch" at the
start; maybe even when they are "too" close. The result is unpredictable.

As in Poser Physics collision is calculated from box, sphere or capsule,
all other objects need to have a shape fairly close to one of those to
get believable results.

Thomas