POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bacon Number : Re: Bacon Number Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bacon Number
From: Warp
Date: 14 Sep 2012 14:59:19
Message: <50537e87@news.povray.org>
> > Then there's the combination, the Erdos-Bacon number. Not many people
> > have one, but some do, including some celebrities (such as Natalie
> > Portman.)

> I believe _technically_ everybody has a defined number - it's just not
> finite...

Given the humorous nature of these "numbers" it really doesn't matter how
you define it. But the simplest and most straightforward way of defining
someone who has no connection to said person(s) is that they don't have
a number.

I have no Bacon number because I have never acted in any movie. I have no
idea if I have an Erdos number, but it might be (I have contributed to some
minor publications of computing science, so there's a real possibility
of a chain of co-authors all the way to Erdos.)

--
                                                          - Warp