POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : -benchmark not working for a local installation : Re: -benchmark not working for a local installation Server Time
17 May 2024 07:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: -benchmark not working for a local installation
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 14 Sep 2012 09:48:01
Message: <50533591$1@news.povray.org>
Le 14/09/2012 09:06, Warp a écrit :
> "Mikael ?hlin" <mic### [at] onsdagorg> wrote:
>> It works under Linux Mint so I think it has to do with OpenSuse's security
>> enhancements that made me switch linux version.
>
> That doesn't make any sense. How exactly is OpenSuse stopping povray from
> reading a file *in my home directory* specified with the +L parameter?

IIRC, -benchmark will use a hard-coded scene, ignoring your
$HOME/.povray settings (to render no file and such), but the issue is
that, unless you have installed the include files at the right place,
the hard-coded file will fails, because it depends on these includes.

The usual trap is:
 * untar the tarball
 * run configure
 * run make
 * try ./unix/povray --benchmark
Boomer on a fresh system
(but fine on a system where "make install" was already ran)

In an ideal world, the benchmark would not need a #include, but have
everything needed embedded.