POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) : Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 14 Sep 2012 02:42:55
Message: <5052d1ef$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/09/12 20:45, Samuel Benge wrote:
>> Searching for such a program on the net I found Koppi's Playground
>
> Would I really need to build Koppi's Playground myself? Seems like a
> lot of work to go though. Tangling with Blender is looking more and
> more like an easier way to go when I consider trying to download and
> install the tool chain necessary to get KBPP up and running %(

   No, you are already doing more complex things than Koppi's playground
allows... so it' would not be of much use for you. At this moment,
Koppi's playground is very limited.

> Nice updated pencils scene, BTW. Those "no_image" erasers are a kick
> :) Are you using geometries other than boxes now? It would appear
> that the erasers' rounded edges are behaving as such, although some
> pencils seem to be balancing on their edges, so I'm not sure.

   No, just boxes... even for the pencils (that's why you see them
floating a little bit at some places), as cylinders were behaving a
bit erratically instead resting on the floor. The rounded erasers look
right just because I tried the simulation several times until I found a
result without obvious flaws.

--
Jaime