POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) : Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piles of things (with Bullet Physics Playground)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 13 Sep 2012 06:13:23
Message: <5051b1c3@news.povray.org>
On 12/09/12 20:35, Samuel Benge wrote:
> Great work as always, Jaime. Those colored pencils look wonderful,
> but the scene's missing a sketch somewhere :) The bricks have some
> nice details as well.

    Thanks! Yes, I had the more fun moments with the pencils... I did
trace like 30 different arrangements. The pen itself was a 15min job on
Wings3D, but it really came out pretty nice.

> Thanks to you, I decided to try something I've had in mind for a
> while, but never got around to until yesterday: using Blender to
> solve the physics, and POV-Ray to render the objects. I won't go into
> the details yet (the process is a bit convoluted), but for now it's
> enough to say that any object can be used; it just takes importing or
> building a new one in POV. The intermediate .obj file is fairly small
> (just four vertices for each object), and preserves per-axis scaling
> in addition to rotation and positional data.

    It would be nice to have a tool specifically made to interface the
Bullet Physics library with POV-Ray, to have a more simpler process
(run the simulation, export and render). Searching for such a program on
the net I found Koppi's Playground, and also this other one which I
could not make to work on my current system (but it looks very
interesting and promising):

    http://www.arishapiro.com/dance/

--
Jaime