POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I wonder why : Re: I wonder why Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I wonder why
From: scott
Date: 12 Sep 2012 09:18:57
Message: <50508bc1$1@news.povray.org>
>> Maybe they're putting it into a neutral/common format before sending it
>> to the company? I've seen that a few times.
>
> Which is amusing, because PDF is a "neutral/common format", while MS
> Word is a closed, proprietary format. You would /think/ it should be the
> other way around...

I meant format as in the layout/font etc, not the file format. In order
to change that it's easier to start with Word rather than a PDF. The
same way some companies want you to fill in all your details on a
website rather than post a CV, it just makes it easier for them to
process all the applications when all the answers are the same boxes.