POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Preparedness : Re: Analysis Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Analysis
From: scott
Date: 11 Sep 2012 03:38:59
Message: <504eea93$1@news.povray.org>
> Well, that's true. I mean, it's not as if there are already thousands of
> proprietary and open-source libraries that implement both basic
> cryptographic primitives and entire protocols... Oh, wait.

I wonder how many people were involved with defining the standard for eg
the BluRay format? Seems like quite a lot of work heavily based around
preventing people breaking the encryption, and recovering from the
situation if someone does break it. I highly doubt they will just
copy&paste that solution to the next generation format, so surely there
are people actively working on this.

Then not to mention all the people working on writing players for
BluRay, both for standalone hardware and software to run on computers
and games consoles. I imagine you wouldn't be able to do that without a
good understanding of how the algorithms work.

Or maybe you could work for Sony writing rootkits for their audio CDs
:-) Or Sky to encrypt the TV signals from satellites (don't think that
was written once and never changes), or banks or credit card companies,
or ...

It seems like a pretty endless list to me of companies that would
require programmers with a very good understanding of how to select and
implement cryptographic techniques. Hey, even we have two software guys
here implementing these things into RFID tags, and we make printers!