POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Preparedness : Re: Analysis Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Analysis
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 10 Sep 2012 09:51:43
Message: <504df06f@news.povray.org>

>>> From what I've seen, there are, like, three academics globally who
>>> write the vast majority of this stuff. And there are already /way/ more
>>> ciphers in existence than anybody actually wants or needs.
>>
>> Ok. And no one ever needs to implement those algorithms?
>
> Well, that's true. I mean, it's not as if there are already thousands of
> proprietary and open-source libraries that implement both basic
> cryptographic primitives and entire protocols... Oh, wait.

Suuuure. The government, military and finance industries really love
using open-source libraries to encrypt their confidential information.

And private industries really, absolutely, unequivocally love having to
distribute their software for free because theses same open source
libraries have licencing terms that prevent them from being used in
commercial software!