POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Preparedness : Re: Analysis Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Analysis
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Sep 2012 13:51:36
Message: <504a3428$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 13:40:13 -0400, Francois Labreque wrote:

>>> You're telling me there are more than three people on Earth who
>>> actually design ciphers?
>>
>> crypto/security isn't just about designing ciphers.
>>
>> And I'm telling you that there are more than 3 people who work with
>> crypto and security.
>>

> Who else besides Ron Rivest, Adi Shamir and Leonard Adleman?
>
> ;)

Well, you and I both know that there's more than just RSA when it comes
to encryption.

And that crypto algorithm research also includes testing - practically
and mathematically - the strength of the existing algorithms and
techniques for breaking the algorithms.  This would include research into
prime number determination as well as looking for other weaknesses in the
algorithms.

And the design of better algorithms, hardware acceleration, and so on.

Then there's the application of crypto to applications, data storage, and
so on.

But of course, you and I don't look at it as "simple".

Jim