POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yellow Magic : Re: Yellow Magic Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yellow Magic
From: Ive
Date: 7 Sep 2012 13:09:10
Message: <504a2a36@news.povray.org>
Am 29.08.2012 14:19, schrieb clipka:
> While that's certainly true, I guess even with rgb-specified colors it
> will already do some good to scenes with colored transparent objects, so
> that e.g. two orange filters in sequence won't necessarily exhibit a hue
> shift towards red, but could retain the orange hue while just gaining in
> saturation.

Hmm, could you give a simple example scene that shows this effect, as I
cannot reproduce it or maybe I do get you wrong.

Anyway I've created my spectral rendering rack and it is really fun. But
I didn't use the idea of rendering 3 subsequent wavelength at once as I
wanted also wavelength dependent IOR.
The only limitation is that image maps cannot be used, everything else
is almost as usual.
I'll publish the whole mess when I've cleaned it up a bit, collected
more wavelength data and have made a few more examples...

...and here is one of my test scenes, rendering time for all 36 passes
(I've decided to go from 380 to 730nm) about 1 hour and for the final
composite pass 15 seconds.

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'spectralcomposer_glasses.jpg' (129 KB)

Preview of image 'spectralcomposer_glasses.jpg'
spectralcomposer_glasses.jpg