POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Preparedness : Re: Analysis Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Analysis
From: scott
Date: 7 Sep 2012 09:37:54
Message: <5049f8b2@news.povray.org>
> Interestingly, the last two interviews I've been to have both been
> companies that said "We're quite small, but we're growing. We think we
> need more people, but we haven't really decided exactly what we want
> yet." It /looks/ as if those are the sorts of places where you might be
> able to dictate your own terms.

True, the other way to look at it is that in large companies there is
more scope to move about and work on different (=more interesting) things.

> On the other hand, most small companies probably don't know who is or
> isn't a rare find quite so well as a big company. And small companies
> have no need to optimise tiny details of their operations; a small
> improvement multiplied by a small number is a small profit. A small
> improvement multiplied by a frickin' HUGE number represents a
> substantial profit...

And don't forget in the end the company interviewing you is looking at
you as an investment. Will you make more money for the company than the
amount they have to pay you.