POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Preparedness : Re: Analysis Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Analysis
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 6 Sep 2012 12:52:46
Message: <5048d4de@news.povray.org>
On 06/09/2012 04:55 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 10:34:14 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>
>> OK, so it's worse than I thought. It appears that not only did I not get
>> the job, I didn't even make it to the second round of interviews.
>
> That happens a lot.  And there will be times where you might get to a
> second and even a third interview and still not get the job.
>
> That's how this works.

If I'd got through multiple rounds of assessment and not got the job, I
could content myself that maybe I was only just beaten by this one other
guy who had something slightly better.

On the other hand, what /actually/ happened is that I failed at the very
first step. So apparently there were a shedload of people far better
than me to choose from.

>> Looks like I might just be doomed to unemployment forever. :-(
>
> Oh, FFS, Andrew - I've not had full-time permanent work for 16 months.
> You've been officially unemployed for what, a week?

You demonstrably have skills that employers want. I don't. And that's
what worries me. Nobody has ever employed me for real money before. I'm
rather concerned that maybe nobody ever will.

> Now, don't despair, just move on to the next interview - and the next,
> and the next, until you find the right job.

You're assuming that there will /be/ a next interview. IME, this is by
no means certain.