POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Preparedness : Re: Analysis Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Analysis
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 6 Sep 2012 05:34:11
Message: <50486e13$1@news.povray.org>
> Dear Andrew,
>
> I write further to your telephone conversation with me and wanted to
> provide you with the feedback you requested.
>
> Firstly, I should mention that there has been a vast response to our
> advert and a high calibre of candidates.
>
> Following our first round of interviews, it was our intention to create
> a shortlist of candidates to progress to second. Unfortunately on this
> occasion we made the decision not to progress your application further.
> The reasons for this are in relation to your skills set, whilst you
> demonstrate some good skills we felt that this was more toward technical
> development rather than web based business development.
>
> Thank you for contacting us and I wish you well in your future search
> for employment.

OK, so it's worse than I thought. It appears that not only did I not get
the job, I didn't even make it to the second round of interviews.

I'm also a little bit concerned about this throw-away sentence about me
having skills for "technical development" rather than "web-based
business development". It's not the first time I've heard such things,
either. The previous interview, the interviewer suggested that I would
be more suited to academia then commercial software development.

Perhaps it's because my CV says Pascal, Eiffel, Haskell, Lisp and
Prolog, rather than saying C, C++, Java, VB and Perl. Perhaps it's
because I build fractal generators and encryption software rather than
content management systems or mobile apps. But for whatever reason, it
seems companies don't see me as being "real world" enough...

Looks like I might just be doomed to unemployment forever. :-(