POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug when loading big 'inc' files : Re: Bug when loading big 'inc' files Server Time
17 May 2024 17:57:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug when loading big 'inc' files
From: clipka
Date: 5 Sep 2012 14:33:50
Message: <50479b0e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.09.2012 17:39, schrieb Alex:
> Hi,
>
> I encounter a an error that does not make sense to me (using version
> 3.7.0.RC6.msvc10.win64 on a Win 7 64 bit OS with 32 GB RAM). See here for the
> details of the error report:
> http://www.isi.uu.nl/People/Alexander/misc/Error_message_POV.pdf

I suspect that the problem is in the .inc file being larger than 2 GB;
ad-hoc inspection of the POV-Ray source code indicates that we do have
/some/ potential problems with text input files of that size on all
32-bit systems, as well as on Windows 64-bit systems. Not sure whether
that is related to your issue though.