POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times : Re: Move with the times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Move with the times
From: andrel
Date: 5 Sep 2012 12:33:40
Message: <50477EE9.6030803@gmail.com>
On 5-9-2012 9:10, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> Whatever. He seemed to think there's nothing wrong with my heart. (He
>>> also told me that "your blood prezzure is egzelent".)
>>
>> If he can see that from you ECG he should be practising alternative
>> medicine.
>
> Heh, no. He took my blood pressure (and had a listen to my heart) long
> before he ordered the ECG.
>
> It still troubles me that here in the 21st century, the only way to
> actually measure a person's blood pressure is [still] to crush their arm
> until no blood reaches it, and measure how much force it takes to do
> that. o_O

nope. There are things like finger blood pressure meters (finapres and
similar). NOn invasive and continuous and therefore used e.g in the OR.
Other methods may use catheters to measure pressure at different points
in the cardiovascular system.
But the method you describe is the more easy and cheap one.
Now you are unemployed I suggest you do your research before making any
sweeping statement. ;)

--
Women are the canaries of science. When they are underrepresented
it is a strong indication that non-scientific factors play a role