POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip) : Re: Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip 2) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip 2)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Sep 2012 10:57:46
Message: <5047686a$1@news.povray.org>
On 5-9-2012 16:49, Robert McGregor wrote:
> This is looking really nice so far Thomas. The foreground bricks are much better
> with the larger scale, and I see you've given the sailor a tan (although I
> personally like his colourful trousers more than these new ones). The statue on
> the far side of the harbour is a nice touch, as are the new buildings (to hide
> some of the closer stand-in houses?).

Thanks Robert.

I shall probably work a bit more on the ground pattern.

The trousers pattern is still in flux and can change unpredictably ;-)

The statue of Athena I came across when I browsed through my objects
(Taschen) collection. It seemed the right guardian for the harbour.

The buildings were planned all along. They are inspired by the Stoa of
most Greek polis. They are a combination of warehouses, markets, and
meeting places.

Thomas