POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times : Re: Move with the times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Move with the times
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 5 Sep 2012 09:44:59
Message: <5047575b$1@news.povray.org>

> Now, if the real reason for using Twitter is to follow stuff that's
> happening in real life, then yes, I guess to me the system would be
> completely useless. I can't think of anything that happens in real life
> that I would actually give a damn about...

Yeah, I fogrot that you live in a bubble completely isolated from the
outside world, but even then, one day maybe you'll be caught in an event
(massive car pile up on the highway after two picometers of snow, bus
blown up by Mozambican terrorists, or something like that)

For example, our province's new premier was almost assassinated last
night while giving her victory speech.  There were lots of people in
that theater who wanted to know what the heck was going on.  Following
the police's and tv stations' Twitter feed was all they had.  Likewise,
the tv stations were following the twitter feeds of the people in the
theater to get as many details as they could.