POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Test : Re: Test Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test
From: clipka
Date: 4 Sep 2012 16:13:27
Message: <504660e7@news.povray.org>
Am 04.09.2012 20:52, schrieb Patrick Elliott:
> On 9/4/2012 11:49 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> On 9/4/2012 5:50 AM, clipka wrote:
>>> For some reasons I currently can't post with my newsreader (T'bird);
>>> anyone else
>>> with this problem?
>>>

>> They mangled the setup. You now have a "reply" button, and a "smart
>> reply", which shows as "followup". What you do is right click under
>> where the buttons are, and drag the damn "reply" off. What its
>> attempting to do is pull that name and email from the person that
>> posted, and reply to them, not the group. The so called "smart reply"
>> works as originally intended, since it recognizes that its the group you
>> are posting to, not the message poster.
>>
>> Don't ask me why they actually thought this was a good idea to change...
> Sigh.. Never mind. Maybe I was the only one confused by that oddity, and
> it was a server issue. Still, I have been using this thing for some
> time, and don't remember it "ever" replying to the bloody person,
> instead of the group, or using the "followup" instead. Sigh..

I'm not really sure; maybe I did indeed accidently hit that "reply"
button a few times recently instead of the "smart reply" one, even
though in principle I've already been aware of the thing for quite a
while, and when I tried to reply to a random posting in povray.test
something else went wrong.

Anyway, I've already kicked out that useless(*) reply-by-email button by
now.

(*Yes, definitely useless, given that the same functionality can be
found via the "smart reply" button's dropdown.)