POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times : Re: Move with the times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Move with the times
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 4 Sep 2012 09:39:02
Message: <50460476@news.povray.org>
Le 2012-09-03 23:58, Jim Henderson a écrit :
> Until legal requirements are changed in society so that an electronic
> signature is considered legal and binding - *uniformly* - we won't have a
> paperless society, and we're no where close to that.

It's starting to happen.  In my neck of the woods, lawyers, engineers
anbd architects have a digital certificate and we can digitally sign
PDFs.  This makes sure that our plans or contracts have not been
tampered with after we were finished them.

> On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 23:52:19 +0200, andrel wrote:
>>
>> No. Almost everything I read, and I assume you as well, was digital
>> before it was painted on a dead tree. In stead of scanning and OCRing
>> just give me that file.

See above.  Getting the original AutoCAD or Word file could allow you to
modify it.  In many cases, it might be a Really Bad Idea(tm).

Also, until they make A-sized ipads, reading plans in .PDF format will
not be popular on a construction site or shop floor.