POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB] : Re: Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 4 Sep 2012 07:01:53
Message: <5045dfa1@news.povray.org>
On 04/09/12 06:19, Alain wrote:

>> Hi All:
>>

> Those painted donimoes have seen beter days...

   You're quite right: I just modeled it after my own cheap set, which
has well over 30 years. It was heavily used by my father and his friends
during summers, and lately has been used as a construction set by my 3
nieces...

> The placement of the pieces is realy convincing.

   And the best part is that I didn't have to arrange it by hand.

> I have a small gripe: in a normal dominoes set, there is only one of
> each pip combinations. You have two 6-4 and 6-3s in
> domino-27-effect-physics, two 6-3s in domino-28-effect-physics and
> five! 3-1s, two double 6s, 2-1, 2-0 in domino-29-effect-physics...

   Ah... yes, I was expecting someone will notice. :) I'm creating the
pieces with a nice macro which accepts the two numbers as parameters,
but for these scenes I'm just feeding random numbers between 0 and 6.

--
Jaime