POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB] : Re: Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 4 Sep 2012 06:36:06
Message: <5045d996@news.povray.org>
On 03/09/12 15:47, Ive wrote:
> Am 03.09.2012 13:05, schrieb Jaime Vives Piqueres:
>> ... just using (automated) copy&paste of the matrix transforms
>> exported by the program, into my dominoes scene.
>>
> Impressive, the dominoes are absolutely believable scattered around.

   Yes, the Bullet Physics Library seems to work pretty accurately, at
least for boxes and spheres, which is the only thing I tried for the
moment... if you search into youtube, there are some amazing examples of
what it can do.

> The texture is also very believable, as usual ;)

   It's a mixed technique... the borders use an additional layer with a
boxed pattern, but for the dots I had to use image patterns on a third
layer.