POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB] : Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Dominoes using Bullet Physics Playground [511 KB]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 3 Sep 2012 07:05:25
Message: <50448ef5@news.povray.org>
Hi All:

    After the sslt tests with the dominoes pieces, I was thinking that it
would be nice to do a sort of "domino effect" scene, but setting it up
by hand looked like crazy... so I started looking into automatic
alternatives.

    The first one was to use MegaPOV mechanics, but somehow I got a
little bit scared by the docs... so I continued searching and found
something called "Bullet Physics Playground" by Koppi. It's a little,
mostly alpha tool to play with LUA scripting and the Bullet Physics
Library, with the nice extra feature of exporting to POV-Ray. :)

    https://github.com/koppi/bullet-physics-playground

    Attached are some of my first tests with it, using assistance from
the author to make it compile and run on my system. It's not documented
at all and has little examples, but the potential is there... and it
already helps making some scenes (at least the one I had in mind). I'm
just using (automated) copy&paste of the matrix transforms exported by
the program, into my dominoes scene.

P.S.: No SSLT this time, but I added a nice "age-worn" layer into the
texture to distract from the lack of translucency.

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'domino-20-effect-physics.jpg' (56 KB) Download 'domino-21-effect-physics.jpg' (72 KB) Download 'domino-23-effect-physics.jpg' (57 KB) Download 'domino-27-effect-physics.jpg' (104 KB) Download 'domino-28-effect-physics.jpg' (115 KB) Download 'domino-31-effect-physics.jpg' (109 KB)

Preview of image 'domino-20-effect-physics.jpg'
domino-20-effect-physics.jpg

Preview of image 'domino-21-effect-physics.jpg'
domino-21-effect-physics.jpg

Preview of image 'domino-23-effect-physics.jpg'
domino-23-effect-physics.jpg

Preview of image 'domino-27-effect-physics.jpg'
domino-27-effect-physics.jpg

Preview of image 'domino-28-effect-physics.jpg'
domino-28-effect-physics.jpg

Preview of image 'domino-31-effect-physics.jpg'
domino-31-effect-physics.jpg