POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip) : Re: Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Sep 2012 10:12:20
Message: <504217c4$1@news.povray.org>
On 1-9-2012 14:49, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> very nice. I also found the blank walls of the generated houses to
> be the most obvious problem. While you may try to hide them with real
> architecture it may be tedious to have to hide everything and it's also
> visible in the distance. So it might be useful to play with some greeble
> like texture for the vertical walls to give an impression of windows,
> wooden beams, bricks, cracks or whatever is appropriate.

Yes that might be a compromise. Except for the geometry I have not paid
much attention to this.

> And of course the roof texture could also be more interesting than
> gray. I assume you currently use a slope pattern to determine the color,
> but you can of course use that with an arbitrary texture_map, too.

No, it is rather crude, using cells pigment with grey and white. Needs
looking into while also needing some readjustments. I could probably
make it much more believable even from fairly close up. One of the
million things to do in this world ;-)

Thomas