POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip) : Re: Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 1 Sep 2012 08:49:36
Message: <50420460$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> The Satrap's hitmen having /persuaded/ me to return to Gancaloon and do
> something about the harbour, you see me standing on the quay, musing
> about what to do next.

very nice. I also found the blank walls of the generated houses to
be the most obvious problem. While you may try to hide them with real
architecture it may be tedious to have to hide everything and it's also
visible in the distance. So it might be useful to play with some greeble
like texture for the vertical walls to give an impression of windows,
wooden beams, bricks, cracks or whatever is appropriate.

And of course the roof texture could also be more interesting than
gray. I assume you currently use a slope pattern to determine the color,
but you can of course use that with an arbitrary texture_map, too.