POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip) : Re: Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon (revisited): the River Harbour (wip)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Sep 2012 03:11:45
Message: <5041b531$1@news.povray.org>
On 31-8-2012 20:43, MichaelJF wrote:
>> On 31-8-2012 10:51, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>>> Awesome.
>>
>> Not yet ;-)
>>>
>>> Now, for a sailor, or someone which was on boat lately, the tan of the
>>> skin is far too white.
>>
>> I was just dropped there coming from a rainy country ;-)
>>

>>> Maybe you're bald, but what about facial hair ? Was there any barber on
>>> the boat ?
>>
>> All the result of the /gentle persuasion/ of the Satrap's hitmen...
>>

>> Thomas
>
> Wonderful, I really like your Gancaloon-Series. Can I get an abo?

Thanks indeed. What is an abo?

> The only complaint I have with this picture is that the walls are only white. As I
> understood it so far, Gancaloon is situated in an kind of hittites setting, who
> are known for a special kind of brick laying architecture. And have no white
> painted walls.

Of course. As you may remember, This is the /faked/ urbanism which is
only good looking from a distance. Up close I shall have to find another
solution with /real/ houses. First of all, the water front is going to
be occupied by store houses which will partly hide the offensive hovels ;-)

Not a Hittite setting, although you give me an idea to pursue further in
terms of urbanism; The city is mainly Greek with several foreign
influences (India in particular).

Thomas