POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Batman: Arkham City : Batman: Arkham City Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Batman: Arkham City
From: Warp
Date: 31 Aug 2012 02:46:07
Message: <50405daf@news.povray.org>
In 1989 Tim Burton tried to filmatize Batman. It was ok...ish, kind of.
The end result resembles Batman, but... it's just not Batman. It just
doesn't have that feeling.

In 2005-2012 Christopher Nolan realized his own vision of Batman...
While the film trilogy has been highly successful and praised, it just
isn't Batman. It resembles Batman alright, but just isn't the Batman from
the comics. I can't put my finger exactly on what makes it different, but
it just isn't. It's a bit like a parallel universe that resembles the
original, but just isn't.

And by "Batman" I'm not talking just about the eponymous character himself.
I'm talking about the entire universe and cast. Here "Batman" is an entire
setting, a group of characters, their personalities, the stories. The
movies resemble the real thing, but just aren't.

The video games Batman: Arkhan Asylum and now Batman: Arkham City deliver
what no movie has yet succeeded in delivering: This *is* the real Batman
from the comics universe. It looks like Batman, it feels like Batman, it
acts like Batman. And again, I'm talking about the whole thing, not just
the main character.

Batman *is* Batman. The Joker *is* the Joker. Catwoman *is* Catwoman.
Everybody and everything *is* what's supposed to be. They are not just
something that *resemble* the real thing but just don't *feel* like it.
This is exactly what I want from a Batman franchise.

The games are also fun and addictive to play. The combat system is really
well done and it's fun to engage in fights just for the cinematic feeling
to it.

--
                                                          - Warp