POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Advice on rendering a topographic scene : Re: Advice on rendering a topographic scene Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advice on rendering a topographic scene
From: clipka
Date: 30 Aug 2012 09:46:35
Message: <503f6ebb$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.08.2012 13:28, schrieb mathieu_r:
> -> "Spheres probably give the best result; actually, the result will be quite
> similar to that of an equally large area light with the "circular" and "orient"
> keywords."
>
> I imagine that if I put a sphere object just above my landscape, I'll have to
> make it disappear with hollow keyword?

You only need hollow for objects containing media.

If you want to make an object emit light but otherwise be invisible in
the image, use "no_image no_shadow no_reflection", meaning that it will
not be directly visible in the image, nor will it have a shadow, nor
will it be visible in mirrors or the like.