POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yellow Magic : Re: Yellow Magic Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yellow Magic
From: Ive
Date: 29 Aug 2012 07:34:25
Message: <503dfe41$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.08.2012 10:08, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> This going a bit beyond my mental capacities, but I find it fascinating
> nonetheless. ;-)

Well, I'm not good in explaining, but all this is just about that within
the sRGB color space "only" 35% of the colors an average can "see" and
distinguish are represented. Within Adobe RGB this is already about 50%
and lets say a high quality art print covers up to 90%.

In practice the 35% of sRGB are not as bad as it sounds as mainly
high-saturated colors are effected and as long as nobody opens a
New-Wave nightclub in Gancaloon it shouldn't be much of a problem ;)

-Ive