POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yellow Magic : Re: Yellow Magic Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yellow Magic
From: clipka
Date: 29 Aug 2012 06:08:58
Message: <503dea3a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.08.2012 07:42, schrieb Ive:

> But what I will try some day is using POV-Ray as spectral renderer :)

And what /I/ will do some day is make a spectral rendering patch for
POV-Ray :-)

 From a mathematical point of view, the classic three-component RGB
approach is a pretty poor one, no matter what color space you're using.
 From all the brain-wrecking I did about the topic, I suspect that a
straightforward N-channel spectral approach is the best solution.

But first there's some cleaning-up to do on the color handling code of
official POV-Ray.