POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of statistics : Re: C# Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C#
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Aug 2012 11:22:51
Message: <503ce24b$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 08:27:04 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> > Don't forget Lisp.
>
>> None of which are particularly popular. Do you wonder why?
>
> They are too awesome to be handled by mere mortals?

:)

When I was at uni, we had an 'intelligent' air traffic control program we
were working on.  The first version was written on a machine that used
lisp as its shell interface - and you could do weird things like reverse
the direction the instruction pointer ran using a CLI script written in
Lisp.

Wish I could remember what the machine was.  It wasn't very fast (this
was in the 1989-1991 timeframe), but it was pretty amazing tech.

Jim