POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another SSLT test... : Re: Yet another SSLT test... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another SSLT test...
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Aug 2012 08:43:16
Message: <503cbce4@news.povray.org>
On 28/08/12 02:37, Alain wrote:
> A 6x6 area light? Why not a 9x9 or even 17x17 or 33x33 using
> adaptive 0? In this case, adaptive 0 don't realy risk to cause any
> visible artefacts, and willbe much faster while giving you smoother
> penumbras.

   I've used always "jitter adaptive 1" for years... wouldn't "adaptive
0" shot more rays, thus being slower?

> For Michael, your organ probably have plastic keys. For most classic
> pianos, the white keys are ivory and the black ones are maogany or
> black dyed hard wood if it's a cheap one. Whites have SSLT, blacks
> don't have any, or so little that it can be ignored.

   I just tested, and SSLT with an almost black pigment doesn't get much
noticeable, almost no difference at all. I guess the light would have to
be very close to the object to have an appreciable effect.

--
Jaime