POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Finding a good VM : Re: Finding a good VM Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding a good VM
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Aug 2012 04:32:04
Message: <503c8204$1@news.povray.org>
>> asks me if I want to reuse one of my existing disk files. (Why would I
>> *ever* want to do that??) And when I delete a VM, this does /not/
>> delete the disk image files with it.
>
> I think you just answered your own question.

How so?

If you put the disks from one VM into another VM, then the other VM
*becomes* the first VM. All VMs are essentially identical; the disks are
the only thing that makes them different. Either you want to delete a
VM, or you don't. So deleting the settings file and then still using the
existing disks is a nonsensical thing to do.