POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another SSLT test... : Re: Yet another SSLT test... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another SSLT test...
From: Alain
Date: 27 Aug 2012 20:37:49
Message: <503c12dd$1@news.povray.org>

> ...this time with my piano keys from an old scene. It took 11 hours
> using only 2 threads on an AMD Phenom II X4 955, but the scene has a 6x6
> area light, OutdoorHQ radiosity, and 49 focal blur samples... yeah, it's
> slow, but it gives a really nice touch.
>
> --
> Jaime

A 6x6 area light? Why not a 9x9 or even 17x17 or 33x33 using adaptive 0?
In this case, adaptive 0 don't realy risk to cause any visible
artefacts, and willbe much faster while giving you smoother penumbras.

For Michael, your organ probably have plastic keys.
For most classic pianos, the white keys are ivory and the black ones are
maogany or black dyed hard wood if it's a cheap one. Whites have SSLT,
blacks don't have any, or so little that it can be ignored.

Alain