POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of statistics : Re: C# Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C#
From: clipka
Date: 27 Aug 2012 11:11:12
Message: <503b8e10$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.08.2012 10:51, schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
>> You keep asserting that it's easier in Haskell to do some of these
>> things than it is in Erlang or C#. But you've yet to actually provide
>> any evidence of this beyond vigorous assertions.
>
> And you keep asserting that Haskell is a bad language, without much
> evidence either. :-P

Nobody is asserting THAT.

What we're talking about is that Haskell, Erlang and C# are each good
languages for DIFFERENT types of problems.

> My argument was never about how much external stuff is available for
> Haskell. My argument was that Haskell is a clean, simple language that
> manages to solve the same problems that other languages can only solve
> using a vast swathe of complicated "features" hard-wired into the language.

Of course it manages to solve the same problems - after all, it's Turing
complete (it is, isn't it?) - and from all I've heard it is indeed a
very clean, simple language. All that's disputed is whether it solves
those same problems as developer-friendly and efficiently as those other
languages with a vast swathe of complicated hard-wired features.